Monday, September 18, 2006

setup_replication.sh and home media centers

I'm really close to getting serup_replication.sh to run smoothly on FC5. In fact, it already installs with no
errors, but replication doesn't work afterwards.

I'm in big need for testers so if you have a couple of spare boxes (virtual or otherwise) and some minutes, jump to https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mysql-ha/trunk/mysql-ha/setup_replication.sh and get the
script to run on your system.

If you're on another distro, please test it anyway (you might encounter many path issues but not much more, I hope..). While my current focus is getting it to work on FC5, mysql-ha has traditionally worked on Debian too.

I'm also working hard to get a gnu/linux based home media center for an exhibition coming next month.
The current setup of choice is FC5 (was ubuntu, but I couldn't get freevo to work there) with freevo, and I'll try mythtv too.

I plan to post an entry with detailed installation instructions once I get this thing going.

No comments: