Tuesday, September 12, 2006

mysql-ha revival

I've started to work on the mysql-ha project once again. This project provides a highly available database server using MySQL.

Right now, I'm working on automating the replication setup process, according to the instructions provided in the 5.0 manual.

Tasks pending for the next release:
  • get a list of the master's databases in order to populate the my.cnf file's replicate-do-db entries
  • backup all files before applying changes made by the script
  • get replication to start automatically after the changes have been applied

While the release is made, you can check out the code from CVS and, soon (at most in 24 hours) from SVN too.

If anyone is willing to test this please comment this post.

Regards,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to test it, in RHEL4 with MySQL 4.1.

na(n)do sincronizado said...

That would be great!.
I replied to your message on the list too.

As I said, I can set up a mirror test system with CentOS 4 to fix bugs as you report them.

I'll start working on proper documentation to support a manual installation, since the automatic installation scripts are still unstable on FC5/MySQL5 and therefore won't run at all on your setup.