Friday, May 18, 2007

beta-0.7: another round of fixes

Yeah yeah, monday never came :)

But here's another release, with a few bugfixes, the result of both internal and external testing.

Briefly:

  • MASTER_NODE was wrongly referenced in a few places instead of CLUSTER_IP, resulting in some error conditions not being detected. This is now fixed.
  • The path to some programs wasn't portable across distributions. I added some code to compat.sh (which's purpose is precisely to contain all distribution specific code) and aparently this is a step in the right direction, but I'm waiting for feedback from the user.

And that's it. No rc-1 on sight, not until we get rid of these bugs.
While I wait, I'm working on a sister tool to monitor MySQL servers and check the status variables, according to the information found on the manual. I have a working version that I've used in-house in
java, but I want to release something in python, perl, or some other language that poses no barrier of adoption for the user (I don't want people to have to install anything in order to run this).

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: