Monday, October 09, 2006

ha update

Working like a dog lately..

mysql-ha has seen alpha-6.1 recently, with a revamped configuration script, supporting new backends (dialog for this release, and X for the next).

I'm learning wxPythong as fast as I can :)

I'm also tidying up the code for a new service availability and clustering project I'll make available soon (GPL too, of course).

The new configuration backends are not required for a mysql-ha installations. I've added a configuration-wrapper.sh script, which tests for the availability of a given backend (dialog or python && wxPython) and fires up a script according to the best available backend. If none is found, the original configuration-menu.sh is run.

As usual, we need more testing. I know people are reading the list because the project is being downloaded so please let me know the problems you run into!.

Regards,

No comments: